Gah. November ran away from me because I started feeling overwhelmed by the lack of prepping in science co-op. We did one week of half homeschooling, where we did some Evan Moore tests because it was the end of our 6-7 week session, then took Thanksgiving week off. Last week was getting back to schedule and it was hard.
Never again! I learned my lesson.
Even though I felt so refreshed after my two weeks off and am once again feeling way more motivated (notice all the blog posts I’m doing again), the kids are not. They just want to do rainbow loom and pearler beads every day.
Next time, we’re going to do light schooling and I will make them still wake up by 7:30am, so that they maintain a routine.
- English –
- Grammar – predicate adjective, prepositions
- Books – Ginger Pye (AR 6.0, 990L), Pinky Pye (AR 6.0, 890L), The Borrowers audiobook (AR 5.3, 780L), Where the Red Fern Grows (AR 4.1, 700L), Henry Huggins started (AR 4.6, 670L), Anne of Green Gables audiobook (AR 7.3, 760L), Magic Treehouse finished (audiobooks)
- Writing – Writing With Ease Book 2 Weeks 15-20,
- Spelling – none
- Chinese –
- Math – triangles, quadrilateral, polygon nomenclature, measurement history, distance measurement, Completed NAMC Year 1 Geometry and Year 2 Math!, mixed fraction addition/subtraction, decimal addition/subtraction, decimal place values comparison.
- Science/History – seeds, fish
- Others – crochet scarf (lemon peel stitch) completed, Evan Moore testing, Mission Santa Clara, Alviso Salt Marsh
- Reading – Little Bear (AR 2.4), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory audiobook (AR 4.8), Finished All About Reading book 1, Primary Phonics level 2 reading books, AAR Book 2 #1-#5, Magic Treehouse finished (audiobooks), Explode the Code book 3 online
- Grammar – prefix, singular/plural possessive, prepositions
- Chinese – 小熊, 神奇樹屋 #2-#8, Sagebooks characters #5-#8, 糖果姐姐 audiobooks #3
- Math – division memorization, Chinese math work book first grade, equivalent fraction, geometric solids nomenclature.
- Science/History – same as sister
- Others – began crocheted scarf, Mission Santa Clara, Alviso Salt Marsh