After the confusion that was the fraction charts last semester, I sat down and re-did them this week since my fraction section of the album was due. It helped that I’ve actually seen and illustrated the whole fraction section of the album. It made organizing and understanding why the charts were there.
I do want to note that my trainer said it’s better if the kids are making these charts. So I don’t know whether or not I’m going to be printing these out for Thumper. A few weeks ago, she made a multiplication table when she needed them. I kind of want the same thing to happen with the fraction charts. It’s no use as a reference if she doesn’t need them.
I have 22 fraction charts. It’s based on the album and also copies of my trainer’s fraction charts (which were not complete and also were missing charts or had extra charts). I also used these three sites as reference:
It’s two more than the first two websites, because of chart 8 and chart 11. Their charts do not have these “statements”. One is imbedded in another chart. But since my album says so, I made mine that way. There’s also a mysterious chart 22, which isn’t listed in the album itself. I’m guessing it probably should belong within a multiplication chart, but the trainer didn’t have space for it. I also made a change from the original charts so it said like and unlike denominators.
- Introduction to Quantity, Symbol, and Language
- Chart 1 – Fraction as circular units divided into pieces from 1 to 5.
- Chart 2 – Fraction as circular units divided into pieces from 6 to 10.
- Children may make square charts.
- Chart 3 – Equivalence for 1/2 fractions
- Chart 4 – Equivalence for 1/3 fractions
- Chart 5 – Equivalence for 1/4 and 1/5 fractions
- Chart 6 – Addition of fractions with like denominator, ending with whole number
- Chart 7 – Addition of fractions with like denominator, ending with fractions
- Chart 8 – Statement: How to add and subtract a fraction with like denominators
- Chart 9 – Addition of two numbers with unlike denominators
- Chart 10 – Addition of three numbers with unlike denominators
- Chart 11 – Statement: How to add and subtraction a fraction with unlike denominators
- Chart 12 – Subtraction with like denominators
- Chart 13 – Subtraction with unlike denominators
- Chart 14 – Fraction times whole number
- Chart 15 – Fraction times whole number plus rule
- Chart 16 – Fraction times whole number and fraction times fraction
- Chart 17 – Fraction times a fraction plus rule
- Chart 18 – Fraction divided by whole number
- Chart 19 – Fraction divided by whole number plus rule
- Chart 20 – Group division
- Chart 21 – Fraction divided by fraction
Chart 22 – Extra chart on multiplication